Well, we have made it through the first full week of September and I am feeling a sense of accomplishment because I got 5 different items in the freezer, ready for when baby gets here! Here are the recipes you might have missed:
And here is a bonus recipe. This is great for Saturday morning brunches or having the girls over last-minute for an impromptu breakfast! It is always a hit around here! I get compliments on this recipe all the time, including the best compliment: asking for the recipe!
Overnight Oven Baked French Toast (adapted from Southern Living)
- 1 (1 lb.) French bread loaf
- 1/4 c. butter, softened (approx.)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 c. milk
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cut bread into slices the desired thickness you prefer. If you are making to freeze, you might want to make sure the slices fit into your toaster.
- Spread butter evenly over both sides of each slice of bread.
- Arrange bread in a n ungreased 13 x 9 inch baking dish (you may need two depending on the thickness of your bread slices).
- Whisk together eggs and remaining ingredients; pour over bread, pressing slices down. cover and chill for 8 hours
- Remove bread slices from baking dish and place onto lightly greased baking sheets
- Bake uncovered at 350 F for 45 minutes (check regularly for smaller slices) or until golden.
To serve: sprinkle with cinnamon and powdered sugar and serve with your favorite syrup.
To Freeze: Place slices in a freezer safe Ziploc bag, seal and freeze.
To Thaw: Take out as many pieces as desired and warm them from frozen in your toaster or toaster oven.
Hope you have a great weekend!