I went a little crazy on a blueberry deal they had at Sprouts a little while back, so I have been working my way through some recipes using them. I came across a blueberry muffin recipe online (I can’t remember which site, but probably Southernliving.com). I didn’t have all the ingredients for the recipe on hand at the time, so I did a little creative work and here is the resulting recipe. Please do enjoy them!
Cinnamon Blueberry Muffins:
- 1/4 cup regular oats
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 c. butter, softened
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/4 c. Greek yogurt
- 1 c. blueberries (I used frozen, but you can use fresh)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare muffin tin for muffins.
- Combine all ingredients for topping in a small bowl and set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients in another bowl. Add 1/3 dry ingredients to butter mixture and stir until just combined. Add 1/2 Greek yogurt and combine. Repeat, alternating, dry ingredients with yogurt, ending with flour.
- Fold in blueberries. Add batter to the muffin tin, filling 2/3 full. Sprinkle each muffin with the topping. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes before attempting to remove the muffins from the tins. Then, place on a cooling rack to cool completely.