Happy Monday morning! I hope your weekend was leisurely and relaxing.
Don’t get me wrong, I am not what anyone would call a morning person, but I am a Monday person. I do love a Monday because it feels like a clean slate to me. It feels like there are lots of things that are possible on a Monday. It feels like a fresh, clean load of laundry just waiting to be folded and put away.
And one of my favorite things to do on a Monday (morning or otherwise, depending on schedule and babies) is a refresh. I just love to take 15 minutes (you guessed it) and jump-start my cleaning routine for the house in our master bedroom/bathroom area. So here is what I can get done in 15 minutes – yes, I have timed myself:
- Start a load of laundry in the washing machine (this is a must for Monday morning anyway).
- Go upstairs and take the bed linens off the bed.
- Open the windows (either the blinds or the actual windows) to let light and air in.
- Dust the bed, bedside tables, and widows with a swiffer/microfiber.
- Remove any trash or clutter that built up over the weekend.
- Make bed, complete with pillows (I don’t do the pillows everyday because D does not like it).
- Smile at the clean look of a freshly made bed.
- Wipe down the bathroom counter/put away clutter from the counters.
- Scrub the toilet.
- Replace towels.
NOTE: To get all this done in 15 minutes, I make sure I have all the supplies I need (swiffer/microfiber cloth, fresh linens, a trash bag) on hand before starting the timer.
So how about you? Do you smile at the look of a freshly made bed? Crave something to help kick-start your cleaning routine around the house for the week?
The challenge for today is to do a refresh of your master bed and bath. Leave a comment and let me know how it goes for you.