I came across a great blog party (introduced to it by Janine over at True Aim Education) and I thought, “Hey, I love a party! I want to go!” The party is hosted by 5 Minutes for Mom and is intended to introduce and meet new friends through lots of great events! Oh, and there are prizes! Sounds good right? See why I invited myself?
Since I am crashing the party, I thought I would bring a party game, just to get the conversation started.
I read a tweet on twitter from Dreft this week that really got me thinking.
If you could have a personal staff of 5 positions, with no worries about money or practicality, what would they be?
I’ll go first:
- massage therapist – Seriously, they would come over when I want them to and give me a massage. Maybe it is just my back talking, but this mama would pay almost anything for some serious long-term relief.
- secretary – I can barely get the bills paid on time (working on it) and deal with all the paper that floats through this house.
- personal Starbucks Barista – and they would provide the materials to make my favorite drinks according to my whims.
- personal trainer – thankfully, I have lost all the baby weight (plus a little), but I need some toning and I need to be in shape. Oh to have the time and money for one of these!
- a mother’s helper – do these exist anymore? I would love someone to help me with the kids, but I still want to be with them all day! I love what I do as a homemaker, but it is truly a LOT of work. It would be nice to have an extra set of hands when my husband is not home.
That was fun! Now for a little bit about this here blog.
I am a wife of almost 9 years to a wonderful man and we have a wonderful love story that only God Himself could have written. I was a stay at home wife for most of those years until that same love-story-writing-God blessed us with a little girl (G) almost 2 years ago and then blessed us again 16 months later with another little girl (W). I also lead a Precept Bible study to a local group. Oh, and I love coffee and puzzles.
I started this blog in hopes of sharing four aspects of my life: homekeeping (Nest Building), child rearing (Growing Up), devotion, and finances (Pennies from Heaven). I am still getting this plane in the air, but I have really enjoyed the connections I have made through this outlet. I also enjoy getting the ideas I have with G and W on paper, so I remember what we did.
So what about you? What 5 people would you employ with your imaginary unlimited resources? Are you stopping by through the Blog Party? Please leave a comment and let me know more about you!