We are recovering from some poor planning this week and some unexpected events. And as much as I love to cook; without a plan, I am almost useless in the kitchen. So last night when it came time for dinner, I was determined not to go get take-out…again.
Our go to meal to the rescue!
When our day has been a bit too hectic or I am just craving something easy, we often have this:
Mexican Tuna Salad
- 2 containers of tuna in water (prefer albacore)
- 2-3 Tbsp. red onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Serrano pepper, finely chopped (seeded, if necessary)
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, snipped
- 2-3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
Pepper to taste
- Drain the tuna (if necessary, not necessary if you have pouches) and put in a medium size bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
- Chill for a few minutes if you can.
- Serve with a half avocado per person, with crackers, as a sandwich, or with Doritos (D recommends the ones in the purple bag).
It doesn’t get much easier than this! The above measurements are best guesses, so feel free to adjust them to taste.
Last night I made a kid friendly tuna salad (just mayo and seasoning) and a quesadilla to go with it for G. She ate a little bit of the tuna, but goes in for cheese any day of the week.